Saturday, September 13, 2008

Violinist Hannah




I think I"m going to have to buy a little bitty violin. (They make them in all kinds of tiny sizes.) Hannah loved playing my violin the other day. She actually called it her violin. And she's sooooo smart, I think she could learn in no time at all.


When I was in college a took a course on teaching violin using the Suzuki Violin Method. They start children at 2 and 3 years of age using 1/8 and 1/4 size violins. I think I remember them even having 1/16 size. They don't read music at that age, they listen to a CD (They were LPs back when I learned the method. If you don't know what an LP is then ask someone old to explain it to you.) and then just play what they hear. Moms come to the lessons too so that they can work with the child during the week. It really works! We may start that on Bear Hollow real soon.


1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

she looks born to play the violin.