Saturday, April 05, 2008

Easter Egg Hunting in Edgefield

A few weeks ago, just before Easter, Grani and Papa were able to take Hannah and Benjamin to their church for an Easter egg hunt. They had spent the night before at Grani and Papa's house.


Saturday morning when we got up we noticed that the flags were up on the mailboxes!



We hunted eggs at Grani and Papa's house to practice for the big hunt at church.

At the Easter egg hunt there were a lot of eggs to find and a lot of kids hunting for them. Actually, I've noticed that at most church Easter egg hunts it is really just a race to pick up eggs lying around on the ground. There isn't much "hunting" involved.




Benjamin was very excited to find an egg. Mommy had him put it in his basket so he could pick up another egg. He didn't want to put it in his basket. "Yes", mommy said, "then you can get more eggs." Well, that just made him mad and so then he wouldn't pick up any eggs. He just cried.
Speaking of Benjamin. He's walking! Check it out if you haven't yet. http://danielandchristy.blogspot.com/2008/04/walking.html

2 comments:

R Lyndel Littleton said...

Grani mentioned that I need to wash the mold off of the mailboxes. Things stay wet down in the holler, but I'll get out there and scrubb them a little before the grandkids come over again.

Anonymous said...

Hey, look! I'm COMMENTING!!! Something that I apparently never do. Ha! Well I'm ding it now. I love Benjamin. He is such a goof-ball. I want to meet him very badly.