Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Gift of Life - seemingly random thoughts

I have been blessed in so many ways. I have two wonderful children and two wonderful children-in-law (that seems like a funny way to word that), and five beautiful grandchildren and one on the way. I'm sure there will be more later! God's lovingkindness is very evident in my life and their lives.

Ps 103:17 - Show Context
But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children

I have a myspace account now. I had to get one to check on some bands and leave comments and stuff like that. There's a place where you click on your mood for the day. I picked "amused" because the whole social networking thing is rather amusing to me.

Today I sang and played at the funeral of a 6 year old boy. There is something very, very sad about small caskets. I cried a lot. Not the loud weeping and gnashing of teeth type of crying, but it was a very emotional time.

So that is what prompted this little time of remembering how blessed I am to have 5 (soon to be 6) healthy, beautiful grandchildren. I need them all to come to my house tonight so I can give them lots of hugs and kisses.

Bringing all of these seemingly random thoughts together...

Let me encourage all of my faithful readers to get past virtual relationships via social networking sites like facebook and myspace and even blogger, and get involved in someone's life in the flesh. Give hugs and pats on the back. Enjoy life and people. Get your hands dirty and your life messy as you spend real, in-person time with others - family and non-family. Be a witness to God's amazing grace and lovingkindness.

3 comments:

Jay Beerley said...

Great blog Lyndel! I think our teenagers especially are missing out on "real" relationships these days because of all of these networking sites. We miss you guys!

OKeedokey said...

I read a very strange statistic about how teenagers communicate most through text messaging, than web pages such as Face book and Myspace and email and phone were the very last!!

I'm glad the kids talked to you yesterday. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Elam has seen several people or pictures that remind him of you and he points and says, "Papa!"

Anonymous said...

I miss my boy!