Saturday, June 21, 2008

Birthday Dinner at the Catfish House

Yummmmmm. As you'll see in posts to follow, Great-grandpa and Great-grandma came to Tennessee for Papa's birthday. They live in Oklahoma. Great-grandpa always likes to eat at the Catfish House in Springfield. That is always a great choice for supper!

We saw Jeff Land and Reed when we first got there. It's always good to see them. Reed and Benjamin are just two days apart in age. I wish I had thought to pull out my camera to take a picture of the two of them together. It seems like we usually see them at Lowes, but that's a whole other story.


When our waiter came to take our order he said, "I know you. You want extra butter for your potato." WOW! I was so impressed. It was two or three years ago that Ross was our waiter one night. Every time I went to the Catfish House and ordered a potato with my catfish the waiter or waitress would say, "butter and sour cream?" And every single time I would say, "I'd rather have two butters." Ross was the very first one - after several years - to actually bring me two butters. I carried on about it for quite some time that night, so I guess that is why he remembered. (I know that will surprise you all that I was a little "over the top" in a reaction to something good. Ha!) Anyway, I was so impressed tonight that I took my picture with Ross.


So then, I took my camera over to Sheila to tell her how impressed I was with Ross and she and the other young lady (I'm sorry, I've forgotten her name.) were jealous when they heard Ross got his picture taken so they had me take their picture. (At least that's how I remember it.)



Then - wooohooo - look at this. Birthday boys get a piece of Caramel pie, but they were out so instead I got a piece of chocolate chess pie. OH WOW! I wanted to break out into the Doxology. You definitely need to eat a piece of chocolate chess pie from The Catfish House!


Well, now we're back at home with birthday festivities still going on - after all, it's the longest day of the year - so I'm going to quit writing now. I'll have other birthday news on the blog tomorrow. Oh, the anticipation!


Catfish House
3424 Tom Austin HwySpringfield, TN 37172
(615) 382-1382‎


2 comments:

JEff said...

The other girl in the picture with Sheila is Charlie. I was there, too, but I was working on the other side of the restaurant! (Abbey)

Brenda J said...

The Clarksville Catfish house is good too! And they also have fried Green beans. They aren't on the menu though so you have to ask for them. Catfish is my favorite!