Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fiddle Heads and Viburnum


I Twittered (or is it tweated?) this morning that I was out taking some pictures before I drove to Clarksville. The lighting on overcast mornings is perfect for outdoor pictures.

I have several different kinds of ferns in my back yard. I bought some and I brought some down off the hill. When they put new growth out in the Spring the fronds are called "fiddle heads" because - goodness. I hate explaining things that are so obvious...


Well, anyway, I thought it was a cool idea to take a picture of my fiddle with the fiddle heads. (actually, this is my viola)


While I was out there I couldn't help but notice how incredibly beautiful my viburnum were in the overcast light.



You probably know this variety as "snowball bush."



I don't know a common name for this one. But since there are 150 or more varieties I suppose you can't know all of them. http://gardening.about.com/od/treesshrubs/a/Viburnums.htm

1 comment:

Mary Littleton said...

Love the pics, especially the "Fiddles!" I really think it would/will be hard to leave "The Creek," snakes and all! The pics prove it to be beautiful!!