Saturday, May 02, 2009

Woodland Garden

I mentioned on Facebook the other day that I was out taking pictures of my woodland/shade garden. Sam said, "pictures! we need pictures!" So here they are. They are really gorgeous on my phone and not so great here on my computer. I'll have to see if there is something I'm supposed to do differently.
Jack in the pulpit. The "pulpit" will turn purple as it matures. Our mountain (I guess it's really just a hill) is covered with them. I brought one down from the mountain and it has multiplied. I'll get better pictures. I guess I need a nice camera. (hint, hint. June birthday)
Trillium. This variety has a brown "flower" and spotted leaves.
Nodding head trillium. Each plant has one large white flower that looks down. There are a lot of these on my mountain.
Columbine. I gathered seed from a columbine I had in another place in the yard and scattered them in the shade garden behind the grandbabies' mailboxes. This is one that came up from seed.
This is a tiny clover that has little pink flowers.You can tell how small it is when you see it in the picture below. It's there to the right of the maiden hair fern (which I also got off the mountain).

1 comment:

Arkansas's Swiss Family Imholz said...

These pictures are beautiful, Lyndel.