Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Bunny on Bear Hollow

You'll want to see a beautiful collage if you haven't been to my Hilldale blog.


I want the grandbabies to see these pictures.
As I was mowing the back acre (which was WAAAAY overgrown - mower was broken, just got it back and then tons of rain) anyway, as I was mowing I guess I disturbed a baby rabbit nest because all of the sudden a little baby bunny rabbit took off running. I then started driving a little slower - in case there were others. Sure enough, another time around (or two) and out ran another baby rabbit.


This one ran just a little ways and then I guess he thought he was hidden in the grass. I turned off the mower hoping I could get up close to him and take his picture.



I walked slowly and quietly wanting to get a closer shot.

A tried my luck, walking in closer, wanting a better shot and hoping he wouldn't run away.
I was so close. He wasn't moving a whisker - holding verrrrrry still so I wouldn't see him. I could see him breathing hard. I stretched out my arm to get as close as I could for a picture.
I probably could have touched him! But he was so scared and I didn't want to terrorize him, so I went back to my mower and he ran off to join his brother.
After the next time around one more baby bunny ran out of the tall grass. I guess they'll get together tonight and talk about their scary afternoon.

1 comment:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Toooo precious!! I think they are so funny how they think they are hiding. If they get their face behind one leaf, they assume you can't see them! Great shots.