Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vacation - We're Not At the Beach

Ha! I had someone from church call me earlier this evening. It was about 7:30. He said, "did I wake you up?" Hahahaha. I was putting three dirty kids in the tub when he called. He went on to explain that he figured we were napping all day and going to bed early and sleeping late... all of those things that I suppose you do if you go to Hilton Head or Cancun.

No, we're in OKC spending our days following around, chasing and listening to three kids ages 5, 4, and 18 months. It is not a day at the beach, but I'd much rather be here than at the beach.

Here's something fun that happened yesterday.






We found a note inside a book called "A Dangerous Book for Boys." The note said "A secret surprise for everyone. Can you follow the clues? Look in the scanner to get started..."



The clues took us all around the house.



Everyone found clues. It was almost like being on Blues Clues. (Only we didn't have a blue dog or a notepad or a funny guy singing, "I just found a letter.")



The last clue was in the freezer! It told us the prize was for cold things and was in Grani's car.

Wow! Look what it was - a snow cone maker! You can't use regular ice in it so we had to freeze some blocks.

Later that night we got to make some snow cones.

Yummy!




No comments: